173 West Island Hwy
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Parksville/Qualicum
There are many "houses" to choose from. However, this is most definitely a *home*. You feel it as you pull into the driveway. The sense of it warms you as you walk into the bright kitchen. At 1600 square feet, this 3 bedroom 2 bath rancher is constructed over a crawl space and offers a separate, formal living room and dining room, covered patio and ample RV parking including a built-in sani dump. The expansiv...
This is the corner of Main & Main. It would be difficult to acquire a more prominent, commercially zoned property in all of Qualicum Beach. This extensively renovated and professionally landscaped property beckons customers with its winding cobblestone path to the front door, below a newly constructed portico. The bright, airy interior is created by the presence of large windows throughout the common area and...
Wonderful opportunity to own this recreational beach home. Located in the sought after Sea Croft Strata Resort in beautiful Bowser. Walking distance within the quaint and quiet community, you can stroll to the coffee shop, the grocery store, hardware store and more. This home offers spectacular views of the Strait and Hornby and Denman Islands and has a new metal roof, new hot water tank, new vinyl deck with ...
One Year Old Home...No GST! Incredible sprawling 3 bed/ 2 bath Rancher situated in a beautiful new subdivision backing onto Foster Park. The facade on this rancher is impressive as is the custom designed, spacious floor plan. Ranchers do not get any prettier than this and with Ballard Fine Homes level of finishing; this home will impress the most discerning buyer. Gorgeous open plan with custom cabinets, gran...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Helping you buy or sell on the island
This is a magical corner of the world
- Do exactly what I commit to do
- Listen to the cares, concerns and wishes of my clients
- Keep my clients ‘in the loop’ at all times
- Dig deeper and work harder than the rest
- Leverage the vast network of Royal Lepage offices and Realtors
- Use the marketing and due diligence skills I possess
- Exploit the technology available
- Under-promise and over-deliver
I look forward to that opportunity.